Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Chemical irritation  (Read 6015 times)

eyesite_admin

  • Administrator
  • Jr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 80
Chemical irritation
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 09:06:56 AM »
Q: I woke up last night with horrific stinging and burning in my eyes.  It felt like I got shampoo in my eyes and couldn't get it out. They kept stinging for at least an hour and a half.  I put Visine in and it made it worse. They were bloodshot and felt swollen. 
I took an allergy pill and an Advil and forced myself to close my eyes and let the tears flush out my eyes.  When I woke up this morning, they felt tender but the stinging went away.  Is this an allergic reaction?  I tried a new hair product that has a precaution to allergic reactions. It contains lactic acid.  Is it possible that this could have caused this? This has never happened to me ever before. 
A: Allergic symptoms usually consist of itching and tearing and redness. Horrific stinging and burning would be more typical for a chemical irritation. Chances are that some of this new hair product found its way to your eyes either directly or through the fumes. Visine is not useful for this. If they are still irritated a visit to the eye doctor would be in order.

Eyesite Vision Correction Forum

Chemical irritation
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 09:06:56 AM »